Divine Will Overrides
Right and Wrong
Our KQ #18 newsletter and the question of Divine Will in the context of the Mahabharata touched a chord in many of our readers.
In conversation and through e-mails the question came up--'Was it Divine Will that Krishna chose to side with the Pandavas, no matter if they were in the right or the wrong?'
- This implies that the Divine can side with us and support us even though we may be so-called 'wrong'. If so, then, what is the sanctity of the right and wrong of anything? And more importantly, what is the support that the Divine gives us in such a state?
The Secret of karmic override
We can attempt an understanding of Divine Will by looking at how the Pandava brothers conducted themselves. Arjun and his brothers chose to follow the will of Krishna, who is the Divine Himself, even though they wanted to do things differently and there were many pressures on them. They did this out of a feeling of love, trust and friendship for Krishna.
However, the Pandavas final success lay in following a key secret instruction of Krishna's given to Arjun on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. This secret instruction works today as well to give the same success.
- The secret is a simple one: to become interactively connected to, and be aware of, the Divine and consequently merge one's will in Divine Will for all actions.
In the course of normal living there is no such automatic empowered connection to enable a highly meaningful relationship with the Divine.
By special empowering processes such as initiation into the KQ Force and Reiki, the healing energy of the Divine Will flows into one's consciousness and actions to change our balance of karma, even when we may be 'wrong'. This allow us to benefit from Krishna's Divine association similar to the way Arjun and the Pandavas benefited and with the same end-result.
- When one becomes empowered and thus conscious of the Divine Will flowing through one's life, then the imprisoning, binding karmas of all types are overcome by that Grace. On the other hand, if one acts driven by false ego then one is surely lost because the capacity to hear the Divine is lost.
Aligning ourselves with Divine Will does not mean that we are enslaved, but rather that we are sensitive to knowing what to do in harmony with the natural Divine purpose in our lives. By being in our true natural state we are whole and complete--healed.
Krishna makes this clear in His healing instructions to Arjun on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. In the 18th chapter of the Bhagavad Gita He significantly uses the word 'durgani' (fortress or prison house) for karma that exists in the jurisdiction of Devi (Durga-Devi) that binds us to repeated birth-death cycles. This is a state of perpetual imprisonment.
We can study Krishna's defining instructions on how to be liberated from these repeated cycles of birth, death and old age in this Devi Dhaam as recorded in the Bhagavad Gita (18.66).TEXT BG 18.66
mām ekaṁ śaraṇaṁ vraja
ahaṁ tvāṁ sarva-pāpebhyo
mokṣayiṣyāmi mā śucaḥ
sarva-dharmān—all varieties and levels of occupational duties and religious activities; parityajya—give up by renouncing; mām—unto Me; ekam—only; śaraṇam—take shelter of; vraja—go; aham—I; tvām—you; sarva—all; pāpebhyaḥ—from fear of sinful reactions; mokṣayiṣyāmi—deliver; mā—not; śucaḥ—grieve.THE KNOWLEDGE
First, Krishna says to Arjun: 'sarva-dharmān parityajya, mām ekaṁ śaraṇaṁ vraja' -- Give up all varieties and levels of occupational duties and religious activities (dharma), and take shelter of Me exclusively.
He says this because there are many levels of dharma varying from individual personal duties, to duties aimed at salvation from material pains, and to the ultimate highest duty towards oneself and our source of origin--the Supreme Divine.
Changing bodies and changing designations
What we consider as being our duties arise out of bodily designations and our occupations. These include considerations of place of birth, family, community, faith and religion, personal occupation, country and so on.
One can change one's name, citizenship, living place, religion, faith, politics, and now with surgery one can even artificially change the bodily form's sexuality as well. As we age in time our bodily cellular structure also changes.
We can also change how we choose to act in relationship to others and we regularly re-define how we perform our 'duties' to others. We also regularly re-assess and respond to how others fulfill their duties towards us.
Among all the changes in our bodily designations and occupational duties there is, however, a constant factor.
- We can understand this constant factor from personal experience: that is--that even while the body changes at the cellular level daily, our sense of personal identification remains unchanged. In other words we experience a continuity of our personal identification even though our bodily designations and parts or cells may change.
- Our unchanged consciousness of personal self, or the I-consciousness continues even in changing bodies in this lifetime and there is no evidence to suggest that this process stops once the material body fails or dies. Scientific proof for this 'reincarnation' process is here.
As the personal self is unchanging, having the quality of immortality, the highest occupational duty is to determine what is the natural function and state of the personal self, and to align with this harmoniously.
We can see that we are dependent on the elements and world around us for our life and sustenance. At the same time we have the unchanging nature within us that is very different from the changing elements that surround it. We may rightly refer to this immortal nature as 'divine' because it shares the quality of immortality with that of the greater Supreme Divine.
As long as we are not in harmony or balance with this constant superior nature, we are subject to the false ego's illusion, mistakes and being bound up in reactionary consequences of our actions--karma, that make up our never-ending story of repeated incarnations.
- Attaining to a state of balance and harmony with the Supreme Divine is therefore our highest constant occupational duty (dharma) and nature--no matter what bodily state we may be in. For this Krishna gives the method.
The eternal guarantee
After having taken shelter of Krishna, we are assured --'ahaṁ tvāṁ sarva-pāpebhyo mokṣayiṣyāmi mā śucaḥ'. This is the guarantee of the Divine Himself who says, 'Give up all varieties of dharma, be conscious of Me, take shelter of Me and My energies and I will personally release you from all the fearful binding reactions of your karma--good or bad, pleasurable or painful.' The term 'sarva-pāpebhyo', all fear-inducing sinful actions, includes the good and the bad because ultimately all such karmic reactions create the rebirth cycle situation which is a painful and troublesome condition.
Krishna says to Arjun--'mā śucaḥ--do not grieve for your debt of karmic consequences, no matter how sinful, and your material existence. You have journeyed endlessly through the material universe, where you have taken up and discarded many different bodily machines in your travels. I am with you and will help you to get through your karmic experiences. I will arrange it so that you never have to return to this material existence to undergo further fearful cycles of birth and death and related sufferings. This journey is now nearing an end--this is my promise to you who have taken shelter of me, you who are a very dear to me and to whom I am a true friend.'
End of Binding Karma by Divine Will
(Go here for a dictionary of definitions.)
- So, whether we are 'right' or 'wrong'--the karma (action) binds us to future consequences, and in turn those results lead us to more binding actions. Action-reaction goes on endlessly. The right and wrong give us desirable-undesirable, pleasurable-painful results--but both results bind us to receiving future consequences.
This generates the endless karmic debt that can never be balanced ordinarily and requires our constant rebirth in the material universe. This is endless travel in higher or lower bodily forms. It is a condition that creates deep anxiety and fear.The equation only changes through the karmic healing methods involving Divine Will that can overturn and write off any amount of karmic bad debts. This consciousness and change in destiny is possible through the KQ Force.As only Krishna Himself can award this type of permanent liberation and freedom for all fears, we can understand that the source of the KQ Force is Krishna Himself.
So become KQ Conscious and be with the KQ Force.
To KQ Force from Divine Will
To Spiritual Empowerment Seminars from Divine Will