Click here to go to the Rama Navratri page
September 25, 2014 to October 2, 2014--Maha Navaratri (Sharad Navaratri) mantras.
All the mantras may be chanted during navratri as many times as you like, any time from sunrise for the day to the following day's sunrise.
Get your special 2014 Maha Navaratri Candles from the Healing Center.
NEXT--Dusshera, a 21 day healing opportunity
MAHA NAVARATRI (SHARAD-NAVARATRI, DURGA-PUJA: September-October)
Who is Durga Devi?
Durga-devi is the generator and maintainer of the material universe and the universal mother form of the universe. She has many aspects, and her nine major aspects manifest during the 9 day and night navarati period, twice a year.
The September-October Navaratri is known as the 'maha' or great navaratri. This Maha Navratri or Sharad Navaratri celebrates Durga devi's destruction of the Mahishasura buffalo demon.
Devi is also known as Mahishasurmardini after this event--destroyer of the Mahisha asura (demon).
Mahishasura terrorized swarga-loka and prithvi-loka and took over the swarga planets defeating the universal administrators (devas). In her role as 'protector of the fortress' (durga-devi, 'durg' meaning fortress), she destroyed this demon and his forces in the course of the 9 days of the Maha Navratri.
What the 9 days and 9 nights of Navratri mean for all of us
As beings who live in devi-dham, the land of Durga devi, the nine nights Navratri period is an excellent opportunity to progress ourselves spiritually while living in the material zone.
We get an opportunity at this time to closely approach Durga-devi whose job it is to keep us in material illusion while she helps us to rectify our binding karma--To keep us under anesthesia (ignorance of our real state) if you will! Her blessings and permission help us to leave this zone once we have sufficient Super Karma Credits to our account.
Related article about Durga devi and the "kleem" mantra: (Opens new window)
"Durga Devi is limited to the material expansion of the universe, while 'kleem' generates spiritual energies linking one to the Supreme Divine through the grace of Yogamaya-devi..."
Durga devi or 'Maya' is Yogamaya transformed
Durga devi or Mayadevi is the shadow form of transcendental Yogamaya who is constantly meditating on Govinda, the Supreme source of all sources.
Without spiritual empowerment however, one cannot reach the transcendental world where Yogamaya helps souls to serve Govinda, and become transformed as devotees of the Lord.
With this knowledge our karma healers can approach the Navratri period for their spiritual and material benefit. Using the healing empowerment measures as taught, the Navratri period will benefit you greatly, and help you to download the energies of red, gold and silver and prosper for now and the year ahead.
Maha Navratri Procedure to be followed for the 9 days
- During this 9 day period it is recommended to avoid taking meat, fish, eggs, alcohol. Also fasting from onions, garlic, grains, lentils, legumes (beans) is recommended. If this is difficult, fasting from grains may be followed on the first and last navratri--of course following for all or most of the navratiris will benefit one the most and help us to ground negative energy and Karma sufficiently to live well.
The reason for fasting from meat etc is that special divine energies of empowerment do not reach the individual during this time if he follows a meat diet as the energy the individual radiates creates a barrier to receiving.
Fasting from grains is done because during this period the grains are accumulating and processing free-floating negative karmic energies from other living beings and the environment. This concentrated form of negative karma in grains is to be avoided because we are seeking to get rid of and heal our negative karma and free ourselves from the bondage of repeated cycles of birth, death old age and disease.
On the first day of Navratri the procedure of "Kalashsthapna" --establishing the water pot with coconut. Fill a new water pot or one that has been used for such a purpose earlier, with pure water adding gangajal or holy waters if possible. Place this in the northeast of the house/bedroom /kitchen. The pot of water with coconut is balancing and cooling as sometimes devi energies are very strong and heating.
Place this pot as described on the first Navratri before 9 am (local time) and invoke the karma healing energies, inviting the blessings of Devi for abundance and progress. Do not disturb the water pot for 9 days.
On the 9th day, after the morning puja, offerings, mantra chantings as you may do, the water from the pot can be sprinkled around the house for blessing energies and inviting good fortune.
The coconut may be placed in the sea or river or lake and if this is not possible, then it may be left under a 'peepal' tree (ficus religiosa) or any other tree.
- If kalashsthapna is not convenient, then one may mentally do the sthapna using the mystic procedures as taught in our KQ, Reiki and Amalgamated Karma healing classes.
- Offerings are also to be made to the different devi forms and aspects each day, and these also may be done following the mystic procedures as above.
- We shall also be chanting mantras on each of the Navratri evenings from 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm. (IST) You may connect with the energies of chanting at these times as according to your local times using the karma healing methods, and access the benefits. It is not necessary to follow these times according to Indian Standard Time (IST) if you are in a different time zone. Those who are east of New Delhi, India will do this in advance of our chanting as per their local times, while those west of us will access this after we have commenced. Either way, the benefits will reach you.
- Those of you who are not yet karma healers in the line of our teaching can similarly mentally connect with us in meditation and we shall empower you to receive a high level of benefits.
- Note for our students:
Any part or all of the listed procedures may be also done mentally with appropriate invocations--please ensure you use the proper karmic healing procedures such as DRL, intention activation and so on as per the procedures in your manuals.
- First Navratri- devoted to Shailputri Devi
- Mantra to chant: "Om aim hring kleem chamundayi vichche".
For the significance of 'kleem'--see this article for Lord Brahma's authoritative statement.
Navratri commences with the first night devoted to the puja of Shailputri devi. 'Shail' means mountain and refers to Parvati, wife of Lord Shiva, the daughter of king of the mountains Himavan. Shailputri holds in her two hands a trident and a lotus. She is mounted upon a bull.
Special benediction-as all the shradh souls leave the planet this night the energies specially work on the temple (memory) chakras of all in the planet. This is a major healing of past karma and removing blocks, bestowing lilac light healing trauma emotions and thoughts.
Offering: one pomegranate in the morning before 9 am and accept as prasadam (blessings) in evening, share with others-offer candles morning and evening (after sunset). Mentally offer all fragrant flowers, fruits, gems, clothing.
Second Navratri- devoted to Bhramcharini Devi
Third Navratri- devoted to Chandraghanta Devi
- Mantra to chant: "Om doom durgaya namah".
- Bhramcharni devi is a store-house of knowledge and wisdom. Rudraksha is her most dear ornament. One hand holds a "Kumbha" or water pot and the other rosary beads of rudraksh.
- Special benediction--She personifies love and loyalty. We see energies of blue light manifesting bringing empowered actualization of goals. Mantra chanting empowers throat chakra, rectifies negative thoughts and blesses access for more liberating super karma and attracts forgiveness of negative karma. This day we also receive energies of strength and tolerance and create positive Karma to bring fame and fortune to ourselves and family.
- At this time blue light radiates from plants and trees in fine filaments activating throat and speech energies. Whatever is spoken will multiply for the next 6 months so on this day one must be particularly attentive to what one says out loud especially.
- We see the presence of energies of their Lordships Sita Ram--golden triangular energies of blessing as big as the human head descending from the north-east. All those who speak the truth during this time receive this energy within their mind, homes and future life.
- Offering: two apples before 9:00 am and a candle/lamp to Bhramcharini devi morning and evening (after sunset); accept and share the apples in the evening with others. Mentally offer all fragrant flowers, fruits, gems, clothing.
Fourth Navratri- devoted to Kushmanda Devi
- Mantra to chant:
"Om sarva mangal mangalye shive sarvarath sadhike,
Sharanye triambake gauri narayani namostute."
- Chandraghanta devi sits on a tiger, and radiates a golden hue. She manifests ten hands and three eyes. Eight hands display weapons while the remaining two are giving blessings and protection.
- Special benediction: bliss, knowledge, peace and serenity, growtrh of all activities, purpose of life. She is worshiped in this form in Kanchipuram (Tamil Nadu) India.
- We see expansion of red energies with pink lightning flashes going directly to the spinal column to strengthen to all activities, activate root chakra (mooladhara); activating birth/growth of new activities; opening of the heart chakra begins. Semicircular spiral energies of navy blue create movement in the spiritual and material zone for all auspicious, karma-freeing work.
As you pray and meditate, there will be a feeling of satisfaction as all solar plexus chakras are being freed from greed. Beautiful droplets of nectar are replacing the poison as the uncoiling serpents are sucking it away.
- Offering: Three bananas in the morning, light a candle morning-evening, accept and share banana prasadam with others. Mentally offer all fragrant flowers, fruits, gems, clothing.
Send all the negative thoughts to the center of the earth, as all energy today will bring power to the lower limbs. Remember to offer something to mother earth – milk, money, water, fertilizer.
Fifth Navratri- devoted to Skandmata Devi
- Mantra to chant: "Om dukha hantraya namah"
- Kushmanda devi manifests eight arms, holding weapons and a rosary (mala), she is seated on a tiger and her aura is like the sun.
- Special benediction: This aspect of Devi destroys sorrows of the mind and ego by harmonizing the macro-universe with the inner micro-universe of the individual. This makes available all realms of the external universe to the individual internally through meditation. She is the birthing mother presiding over birth and rebirth. The abode of Kushmanda is in Bhimaparvat.
- We see streams of dark orange and golden light and golden drops that end in little drops of golden light entering the spinal column. These act like a spiritual surgical knife, destroying negatives and false ego positions.
This is a good day to meditate on letting go bad habits/activities, asking forgiveness, being in touch with your true inner reality and position in the universe; your relationship with yourself, the universe, others in it and the Divine.
Remind yourself that all power of the self comes through her grace. As the false ego is surrendered - you will get a red blanket of auspicious light covering individuals, homes and place of worship.
- Offering: Four pears before 9 am--accept and share with others in the evening; offer candles /lamps morning-evening. Mentally offer all fragrant flowers, fruits, gems, clothing.
Sixth Navratri- devoted to Kaatyayani Devi
- Mantras to chant: "Om hreeng mahadurgaya namah", and -- "Om nityaya namah". Each may be chanted separately not together.
- Devi Skandmata holds her son Skand in her lap and sits on a lion. She manifests three eyes and four hands--two hands hold lotuses while the other hands offer protection and blessings.
- We see the energies of Skandmata transforming other healing blessings of the Devis--now silver light streams out of the hands of people, opens up and becomes a ball of energy in the brahmsthaan of homes activating strength and wealth. Brings all the deva and devi blessings into the home and spreads this light into the walls of homes, places of work - especially blessing newly built homes for the well being of all.
- Offering: Five bunches of grapes (you can separate a large bunch into smaller ones); offer candles morning-evening; accept and share the grapes in the evening with others. Mentally offer all fragrant flowers, fruits, gems, clothing and remember to thank all your friends, family and enemies for giving their help in freeing you from blinding Karma by their association.
Seventh Navratri- devoted to Kaalratri Devi
- Mantra to chant: "Om hreeng katyayini namah".
- Katyayani Devi- a manifestation of Sri Laxmi-ji appeared as the daughter of rishi Katyayan and did penance for the purpose of getting Krishna as her husband. Her name means daughter of Sage Katyayan. Golden colored, she sits astride a lion and manifests three eyes and four arms. In two of her hands she holds a weapon and a lotus and with the other two she blesses and protects.
- Special benediction: Kaatyayani devi is very protective and grants boons and fulfils wishes--especially relating to obtaining the association of the Supreme Divine--Sri Krishna. A yellow light of satisfaction emnates from her eyes and spreading into the eyes of people and allowing one to be satisfied with what is being seen and received in life. She radiates crescent-shaped yellow energies, which descend at our finger tips, empowering us to do good and appropriate action.
- Offering: Offer six guavas in the morning and accept in the evening as prasadam and share with others. Offer candle/lamp morning-evening. Mentally offer all fragrant flowers, fruits, gems, clothing, sweets and payasam.
- Mantra to chant: "Durga kshama shiva dhaatri svaha svadhaa Namostute"
- Kaalratri Devi has grey-black skin, flowing dark hair, manifests four hands--she holds a khadag (cleaver) and a burning torch, and the other two hands are protecting and blessing. She sits on a donkey.
- Special bendiction: Kaalratri Devi is fearless, the destroyer of darkness and ignorance, she is the scourge of darkness and a reviver, mender of damaged relationships and opportunities.
- We see grey, purplish silver and gold lights activating feet chakra of her devotees--this gives access to the lower universes of darkness destroying negative karma from past lifetimes and also brings energies of protection, fortitude and strength, helping the devotee to become fearless.
Negative energies are being processed through the roots of all plants and those not eating grains will specially benefit. The feet and toe chakras are activated to go forward into the light fearlessly and to actualize goals, which were impossible to you and your mind. All the work on this day is in the mind.
Old stuck business activities or opportunities can be revived, resolved, and broken relationships mended, and one becomes famous through the blessings of Kaalratri Devi. Spiritually empowering energies are flowing through her eyes to all beings during this navratri day and night.
- Offering: Seven "cheekoo" fruits (sapota or mud apple) in the morning; accept and share in the evening, offer candle/lamp morning and evening. Mentally offer all fragrant flowers, fruits, gems, clothing.
All poverty is destroyed and there is wealth for all as you offer rose water on a silver naag /naagin and keep them in your money place.
Eighth Navratri- devoted to Mahagauri Devi
Mantra to chant: "Om nitya buddhaya namah".
Ninth Navratri- devoted to Siddhiratri Devi
- Mahagauri the most fair, manifests as beutiful young girl with four arms radiating peace and compassion, she is often dressed in a white or green sari. Mahagauri holds a drum and a trident and rides a bull.
- Special benediction: Protects long life of husband, promotes association of good people keeps you away from robbery, theft. Girls of marriageable age should meditate on her to get good husbands, while men meditate on her get a wife with beautiful qualities--energies of creation, sexual fulfillment.
- We see little dots of circular green and pink lights-activating knees, thighs giving freedom from fear, giving confidence and promoting the special benediction qualities. All golden droplets of light illuminate the wrist and anklets of all women on planet earth – these will bring balance and creativity at its highest form.
- Offering: Eight Custard apples-(shareefa, also known as sitaphal); accept as blessings in the evening and share with others; offer candle/lamp morning-evening. Mentally offer all fragrant flowers, fruits, gems, clothing. Definitely remember to offer coconut, Kumkum and Haldi (turmeric) to married women, money and food to young girls.
More information about the spiritual seed mantra-kleem.
NEXT--Dusshera, a 21 day healing opportunity
Return to Home Page from Navratri
Read more about Shradh that precedes Maha-Navratri